So where have we been...
- It was a big year for the fruit trees around here, and my parent's lone apple tree produced more apples than it ever and was collapsing under the weight of the fruit. We tried to do our best to pick (and pick and pick) and chop and bake and freeze. And we barely made a dent.
- We helped my grandpa celebrate his 90th birthday. We attempted to get a group picture of all the great-grandkids, and the results were fabulous. I love the imperfection of this. So much better than the original plan.
- Last weekend we took our superhero on a hike in the woods. I had trouble keeping up with them.
- I've been working on some crafty stuff. Capes (more on that soon), Halloween costumes, Christmas gifts.
- In a week or so my family will be participating in the Race for the Cure. If you are interested in making a donation to our team, you can find all the information here. I'm a little behind on the fundraising part of the Race so any help is appreciated!
- Very slowly, I've been clearing out our guest bedroom which will become Scout's new big girl room. Her room will stay the nursery. My goal is to have that finished by the end of November. Wishful thinking?