I'll give you some highlights. When last I left you, we'd celebrated the 4th of July festivities and had settled into the heat of summer. Since then...
- There's been gardening...
- My dad built an impressive camp fire in their backyard. My sister sat with the hose on standby, and the heat nearly melted the s'mores supplies before we assembled them.
- We pulled my first bike out of my parent's garage, and I realized it's going to need a little work before Scout is ready to ride it.
- Despite neglect, our garden is producing a significant amount of produce. So I made pickles.
- And more pickles. These took 4 days to brine, and I nearly gave up. But I persevered.
- And last, but not least, I planted cucamelon seeds last spring as an experiment, but mostly because I saw an adorable picture on Pinterest. To my surprise they are taking over and producing tons of tiny wee melons. They taste like a cucumber with a hint of lemon and a tougher skin. They are also called mouse melon, and we have no idea what to do with them. I'm looking for suggestions, but if there's enough ready at once, they may become even more pickles.
I'll be back soon with more. Big things are in the works around here, and I need to start planning for Halloween costumes too.
All of these pictures are from Instagram where I'm spending a lot of time these days. My account is private, but if you'd like to follow me, I'm "acraftybalance" over there.