What's been going on?
- We had a fun 4th of July, and Scout (and baby doll) donned their patriotic frocks. I love sewing this pattern, so expect to see even more incarnations.
- There were sparklers.
- And a fairly profitable lemonade stand.
- We've come to the realization that our daughter does not like ice cream. It's heart breaking really, because who doesn't love a family trip to Dairy Queen? She really likes the idea of going to get ice cream, but once there she makes a disgusted face as the taste. We've tried different flavors and toppings, and I think it's likely that it's the coldness that bothers her, but still... I did manage to get the first bite captured the other day.
- It started a little late, but sweet corn season is here. My sister and I had to drive down a random gravel country road to find the first of the season.
- Scout is obsessed with the ABCs. She's been singing the song for a year now, but she's now started recognizing letters (just a few) and in particular "S". When she sees one, in a book, on a sign, on her letter puzzle, she'll point it out and say, "'S.' For me." She also knows "R" (for Rykert), "L" (for Libby), and "N" (For Nola) plus a few others. It's definitely a work in progress and is sometimes hit and miss, but we draw all.the.time. Now she scribbles and pretends she is writing letters. The other day she scribbled away and then had a happy accident with something that resembled an "S.
- Whenever Scout "cooks" in her kitchen, she prepares 4 of everything and makes sure Nola gets her share.