I'm returning to the interwebs with nothing to show for my time away. I mean, I've been doing things, but nothing that riveting. Plus spring is the start of our busy time at work, and that's left me a little more tired than usual.
So what have I been doing...
- After the first box of swimsuits ordered from the interwebs failed me miserably, I spent more time than is healthy looking for a suitable alternative. I'll let you know when it arrives. Or I'll continue my odyssey looking for the perfect swimsuit (that probably doesn't exist) that makes me feel super comfortable and isn't nearly a burqa.
- The weather has turned into Spring, at least for now, and we took a leap of faith and started planting the garden. This is a leap of faith because we have some pest issues, the soil doesn't look as rich as it should be, and mother nature has already given us one winter encore.
- I'm planting things a little differently this year and trying some new things. It'll either be a brilliant plan or a complete failure. It remains to be seen, but I think we'll survive either way.
- We've been spending most evenings, when it isn't raining, "owside." We've been perpetually covered in mud, sidewalk chalk dust, and bubbles.
|Scout runs up and down this hill playing a game she calls "Ready, Set, GO"|
- I've been knitting a little, but I seem to have a bit of a block with that. I want to knit but I don't know what to knit. I have lots of ideas but zero motivation.
- Two year olds are hilarious. And frustrating. But mostly hilarious. So when I'm not pulling the hair out of my head from the frustration of her desire for autonomy and/or full body tantrum, I'm laughing.
- I've been making a slow start at some spring cleaning. I need to tackle the outgrown baby clothes and toys next. I feel like it's full-time job. I've yet to find a really good method for keeping the clothes organized and stored. I'm trying to be selective with what I keep and sending everything that we don't really love to Goodwill.
- In the meantime, we're still living in the house of dolls. Scout's collection continues to grow. I think she's in the process of moving a large collection of toys from my sister's house to ours, piece-by-piece.