The summer has come to an unofficial end. So I thought I'd look back on our Summer Bucket List and see how we did.
- Go to the Zoo. We missed this one. But maybe we can still find a weekend this fall. If not, we'll visit the Audobon Zoo in New Orleans on our next trip.
Go to the Beach.Check. Early in the summer, Scout and I went to a local lake with my sister and nieces. She loved it. Watch a Parade.Check. It was blazing hot, but we watched a good portion of the extremely long local 4th of July parade. Go to the Pool. Check. We made it to all 3 local outdoor pools. Visit the Iowa City Splash Pad.Check. Scout went to the Splash Pad with my sister and nieces while I was at work one afternoon. Make Homemade Ice Cream.Check. Go to the Farmer's Market. Check. Have a Picnic. Check. I'm counting a snacky picnic at the beach.
- Tie Dye. We didn't get around to this one. But maybe still this fall.
- Drive-In Movie. We didn't make it. It would have been hard with her insanely early bedtime.
Outdoor Concert.Check. We made it downtown on a couple of Friday nights, and they had a concert each time. Scout was more interested in the playground and the dogs though. Ride the Carousel and Train in City Park.Check. Those rides are a little rickety. Complete a 5K. Check. I walked The Color Run. I'm planning on the Race for the Cure next month.
- Children's Museum. We didn't make it. It's a cool weather activity though so this fall and winter we'll make it there.
- Bike Ride. My bike still has flat tires and the trailer is still at my parent's. Oops.
- Sew and Wear Some Cute Clothes. If I could find the floor in my craft room, I could walk inside and try to unearth my sewing machine. Until those things happen, well, the sewing is on hold.
- Visit Friends. Our weekends were really full this summer, but hopefully this fall.
- Take a Walk Every Day. I started out really good on this one. But then the weather started blazing, and Scout decided that walking was more fun than riding in her car or the stroller. So the walks stopped in favor of sidewalk chalk and playing in the yard.
That's over 50%. But who's counting? Hopefully next summer we can be more ambitious with our list.
I feel like we're on the go a lot. Work to day care to Target to home to the grocery store back to Target. You get the picture. So I'm hoping we can be home a little more in the evenings from now on. Scout prefers to just laze around the yard and wander aimlessly up and down the sidewalk to getting int he car lately.
How was your summer? Did you do anything fun and exciting? Are you ready for fall?